Saturday, March 31st

Destination:  Smith Creek Trail – Mark Twain National Forest

Departure Point: Carpool will leave the AC commuter lot on the southeast corner of US 63 and New Haven Rd at 8:30 a.m.

Leader:  Eric & Joanna Reuter

Contact Info:  [log in to unmask] 573-474-0989

We’ll hike the Smith Creek Trail south along Cedar Creek along the Boone/Callaway County border. This trail crosses a historic bridge and ascends to beautiful bluff top views along the Cedar Creek valley; we’ll follow this a mile or so to the tributary Smith Creek.  We hope to observe a variety of early spring birds in the riparian zone and enjoy the interesting rock formations and fossil deposits of the area. This trail can be rocky, muddy, and steep in some places, though we’ll take it slow. If weather conditions have been very wet we may divert to Three Creeks Conservation Area for better trail conditions.

Boone Electric
Boone Electric
Boone Electric

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Pinterest

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and legally privileged information. Any unauthorized review, copy, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail or via phone at 573-449-4181 and destroy all electronic or paper copies of the original message.