I had a long day  looking for the Golden-crowned Sparrow at Bunch Hollow CA, Carroll County yesterday 5 March 2018. I was able to get it  photographed but wasn't sure about the dark bird that looked like a candidate that dropped into the ditch by the seed along CR 181. When I looked at my photos there were two good images of the bird hiding along the edge of the road.

Brad Jacobs

https://ebird.org/mo/view/checklist/S43430407