The Poems of TS Eliot read by Jeremy Irons - a Faber & Faber CD

Originally broadcast on BBC Radio 4, Jeremy Irons’ perceptive reading
illuminates the poetry of T. S. Eliot in all its complexity. Major poems
range from ‘The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock’, through the post-war
desolation of The Waste Land and the spiritual struggle of ‘Ash-Wednesday’,
to the enduring charm of Old Possum’s Book of Practical Cats.  The
Spectator praised
Jeremy Irons’ interpretation as ‘so accessible, reading Eliot as if finding
his words for the first time, grappling with them, relishing them, using
them to express feelings that we all share as we struggle to accept, to
recognise or relinquish’. Dame Eileen Atkins also features alongside Jeremy
Irons in the reading of The Waste Land.

http://www.ironsreadseliot.co.uk/

An exclusive clip here of PRUFROCK’s opening passage.

CR