From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Cox, Carrol
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2018 3:56 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: RE: [pen-l] Fwd: Max Blumenthal and the Streisand Effect | Louis Proyect: The Unrepentant Marxist

A year or so ago I protested when other posters focused on Lou's personality rather than on the material he posted. I think I may have been wrong.

This flood of posts containing only a link to some other writer (or to Lou's Blog) is a simple outrage; It is simply throwing shit at the list, and shows deliberate contempt for others on the list. He makes clear that readers on the list have no relevant opinions of their own, and should exist only to follow Lou's recommendations as to what they should r e ad. And it may also constitute  cowardice on the part of Lou: he is fearful of exposing his view to others and hides behind these cited writers.

His intellectual 'cowardice' seemingly makes direct  discussion with others over his views simply dangerous to his ego.

Carrol