Last fall, the Columbia Audubon Society (CAS) updated its website (http://www.columbia-audubon.org) to a new format that allows news and events to be posted (and linked, bookmarked, or shared) as individual online stories. You can view all events at http://www.columbia-audubon.org/events/ and all news at http://www.columbia-audubon.org/news/, or simply scan the front page. We hope this new format will make CAS news and information more accessible to all Missouri birders. Our newsletter (The Chat) is also now being published in a new web-based format on the first of each month, September through May. The complete monthly newsletter (including stories and events) is collated into a single page at: http://www.columbia-audubon.org/newsletter.

This month’s content includes a summary of MDC State Ornithologist Sarah Kendrick’s excellent January talk to CAS about some exciting new technologies for bird tracking:

http://www.columbia-audubon.org/new-technologies-for-bird-tracking-sarah-kendrick-speaks-to-the-january-cas-meeting/

It also includes an article on Trumpeter Swans in Missouri, for which the MOBIRDS-L archives served as a valuable resource on the history of swan sightings in the state:

http://www.columbia-audubon.org/overwintering-trumpeter-swans-increasing-in-missouri/

Eric Reuter

CAS News Editor

Boone County, MO