Last fall, the Columbia Audubon Society (CAS) updated its website
(http://www.columbia-audubon.org) to a new format that allows news and
events to be posted (and linked, bookmarked, or shared) as individual online
stories. You can view all events at http://www.columbia-audubon.org/events/
and all news at http://www.columbia-audubon.org/news/, or simply scan the
front page. We hope this new format will make CAS news and information more
accessible to all Missouri birders. Our newsletter (The Chat) is also now
being published in a new web-based format on the first of each month,
September through May. The complete monthly newsletter (including stories
and events) is collated into a single page at:
http://www.columbia-audubon.org/newsletter.

This month's content includes a summary of MDC State Ornithologist Sarah
Kendrick's excellent January talk to CAS about some exciting new
technologies for bird tracking:

http://www.columbia-audubon.org/new-technologies-for-bird-tracking-sarah-ken
drick-speaks-to-the-january-cas-meeting/

It also includes an article on Trumpeter Swans in Missouri, for which the
MOBIRDS-L archives served as a valuable resource on the history of swan
sightings in the state:

http://www.columbia-audubon.org/overwintering-trumpeter-swans-increasing-in-
missouri/

Eric Reuter