I saw what I thought might be a Golden Eagle near lake 33 on the eight.  I did not say anything because I was not 100% sure and did not expect the bird to be repeatable.  In hindsight probably a mistake.  It was a large all brown raptor.  It appeared to be too small headed for Bald Eagle and I also thought the head feathers showed a golden gloss, but my view was not great.

David Becher

Saint Louis

________________________________
From: Missouri Wild Bird Forum <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Andrea Schuhmann <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2018 3:48 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Possible Golden Eagle at Busch CA

I am relaying a phone report from an area visitor that reported he saw a golden eagle between lakes 37 & 38. The individual is confident that he saw a golden eagle versus a juvenile bald eagle based on the light colored feathers on the nape and other distinctive characteristics. He stated that he was very familiar with bald eagles both juveniles and adults and was confident that this was a golden eagle. I have not had the opportunity to verify the sighting.

Andrea Schuhmann

Natural History Biologist

Missouri Department of Conservation

2360 Highway D

St. Charles, Missouri 63130

(636) 300-1953 ext. 4121

Archives<https://po.missouri.edu/archives/mobirds-l.html> / Subscription options<https://po.missouri.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=mobirds-l&A=1> / ASM Website<http://mobirds.org> / Email the list owners<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

ASM Spring Meeting: May 4-6, 2018 at Arrow Rock Details and Online Registration<http://www.mobirds.org/ASM/Meetings.aspx>

ASM Spring Meeting: May 4-6, 2018 at Arrow Rock