It is this implication of ‘birth’ and ‘death’ the poet articulates in EAST
COKER:

“In my beginning is my end.”

*Whisper of running streams, and winter lightning.The wild thyme unseen and
the wild strawberry,The laughter in the garden, echoed ecstasyNot lost, but
requiring, pointing to the agonyOf death and birth.*

“In my end is my beginning.”

Period.
CR