“I had seen birth and death,
But thought they were different; this Birth was
Hard and bitter agony for us, like Death, our death.
We returned to our palaces, these Kingdoms,
But no longer at ease here, in the old dispensation,
With an alien people clutching their gods.
I should be glad of another death.”

I’m intrigued by “another death.”
Not just one more death but another kind of death.
The poet would be glad of another death because it is life-giving.
He had earlier thought birth and death were different.
No, they were not.
Just as this birth was different, this death too was different.

CR