To whom it may concern

I would like to post the following call for the 2018 GSA.

Thanks very much

Charles Vannette

----------

CfP: Psychology and the Text

42nd Annual Conference of the German Studies Association

September 27-30, 2018 in Pittsburgh, PA

This panel addresses new approaches to German studies that utilize contemporary theories of psychology and cognitive theory. The growth and influence of cognitive theories in literature studies is a reflection of the significant contributions that our colleagues in other fields have made towards our understanding of the human mind. Yet whereas cognitive models have expanded our comprehension of a reader’s interaction with the text, there have been fewer applications of psychology to the texts themselves, their structures, their machinery, or to their narrative voices.

Invited are any approaches that seek to adapt contemporary theories from psychiatry, psychology, phenomenological psychology, psychoanalysis, or neuroscientific cognitive models to a reading of cultural artifacts (literature, film, graphic novels, art, etc). Of particular, but not exclusive interest are submissions that focus on the text itself, and on its workings, structures, voice(s), inception, and the like.

Please submit any questions and your abstract (250 words) by February 5, 2018 to Charles Vannette ([log in to unmask]).

Charles Vannette

Assistant Professor of German

[log in to unmask]" alt="cid:8BAE0B2D-947E-4452-9B5F-68746ED58919">

Department of Languages, Literatures, and Culture

210L Murkland Hall
Durham, NH 03824-3547