Call for Proposals: American Association of Teachers of German / American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages joint annual conference - New Orleans, November 16-18, 2018

Grading as a Rewarding Part of Teaching and Research

We all teach. We all search for better ways to teach. But what do many of us do Sunday evening? Grade. What if we could turn grading into something more integrated within the language learning process? What if we conceptualized it as something that excites our learners and ourselves? How can we go about making the time we spend on grading more worthwhile and informative of our teaching practices and research interests? We invite presentations from educators with innovative ideas on grading for language learning: strategies for peer review, time-effective rubrics, or other tools that have worked well in your classrooms. Contributions will (1) discuss merits and challenges of making our grading and feedback effective and rewarding, and/or (2) share feedback rubrics and grading tools for assignments that contribute to our research. Send an abstract (250 words) by January 5, 2018 to the session chairs Diane Richardson [log in to unmask] and Kristin Lange [log in to unmask]