Hello All,

The Burroughs Audubon Society of Kansas City has the next couple of months Field-Trips listed on the webpage. Individuals of all skill levels, regardless of membership, and regardless of residency are welcome to participate and attend!

http://burroughs.org/its-free/field-trips-programs/

Firstly as a reminder, there are 2 great trips planned for the coming weekends, There is an all day trip to Lyon, Coffey, and Osage Kansas Counties this weekend and an afternoon trip to Smithville Lake in Missouri next weekend. More details for meeting times and contact information for the volunteer field-trip leaders are listed on the webpage.

Second, Christmas Bird Count (CBC) season is quickly approaching and we hope that you will participate with this tradition. Information for Area CBC as well as links for other state and national CBC are included on the website. Most CBC provide an opportunity for people to paired in small groups and offer a reason to explore the area better, yet require the coordinators to work ahead of time to plan the outings.  Please look at your schedule and contact the specific count's coordinator if you want to participate in it. We hope that you consider participating in one ore more whether you are local or if you are traveling over the holidays and will be in the Greater Kansas City from out of town!

Lastly, in an effort to schedule field-trips in advance we (as field-trip coordinators) are asking for your suggestions.  We would love to hear from you if you want to share your love of nature with others and are interested in leading or co-leading a field-trip, if you are interested in having your local organization plan a a joint field-trip with Burroughs, or if you have suggestions for places to bird or species you would like to see.

Good Birding,

Malcolm Gold
Burroughs Field Trip Co-Coordinator with Mike Stoakes and Rodney Wright