I do recognize that the Snowy Owl is in Illinois, but I wonder if ever before that a Snowy Owl and a Summer Tanager were reported on MOBirds the same day…

Mike Grant

Chesterfield, MO

From: Missouri Wild Bird Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Al & Lois
Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 3:43 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Snowy Owl - Riverlands

That would make the third Snowy Owl reported  in Illinois today.  The jetty and at least 200 yards upstream is in Illinois.

Al Smith
Bridgeton, Mo
St. Louis County

On 11/28/2017 1:14 PM, Cory Gregory wrote:

Birders,

There’s currently a SNOWY OWL near the dam at Riverlands in St. Charles County.  More specifically, it’s perched on the tip of a rocky jetty that points northwest into the river/bay.  I believe the best access would be to walk from the Maple Island parking area.  You could also view it from the main road with binoculars or scope.  To keep from harassing the bird, it’s probably best not to walk the jetty.

Also, the WHITE-WINGED SCOTER is still present near the jetty as well.

Good birding,

Cory Gregory & Ashley Casey