Thanks, Tommy, for your checking location and reporting.  A problem of people relying and reporting only on eBird is the lack of interaction beyond eBird within the birding community.

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tommy Goodwin" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, November 23, 2017 8:13:03 AM
Subject: No Sighting - WTKI eBird list actual location

We went looking for the kite this morning but did not succeed in finding
it.

We finally found the location of the pictures from Trevor Leitz, and it was
not actually at Quail Ridge Park, but it was near the movie theatre at the
intersection of i64 and hwy DD in Winghaven. When we arrived we found a
Krider's hawk within 30 feet or so of the tree in his eBird list. I'm not
saying this was the bird in the photo, but it may have been.

If anyone is chasing the kite, I recommend searching the above area. Good
luck!

Tommy & Jessie Goodwin
St Charles