file:///C:/Users/Robert/Downloads/MNG_1986_NarrativeReport%20(2).pdf

URL for the 2010 NA Trumpeter Swan Survey report below. attached at end of
this email.

This below is an excerpt from the Annual Narrative Report 1986 for Mingo NWR

The swan restoration program continued in 1985, results once again were
mixed. A visitor reported seeing two cygnets with the adult trumpeter swans
along the south end of Ditch 4 on June 29. The cygnets disappeared within a
few weeks, apparently the victims of a predator. This was the first known
successful hatch of trumpeter swans in the state of Missouri. Seven
trumpeter swans were obtained from LaCreek National Wildlife Refuge and
released on July 15. On July 25, a fisherman reported seeing three dead
swans on Ditch 11. We recovered two of the three, cause of death is
unknown. A fourth trumpeter was later found in a weak condition in a
pasture unit on the refuge. The bird was captured and taken.to a local vet
where it died. At year's end there are five trumpeters on the refuge, two
adults from the 1982 release and three from the 1986 release. 28 A lucky
photographer was one of the few to catch a glimpse of the parents and
cygnets together. 5/86 Rod Bowling A male trumpeter release in 1985 and
presumed dead was discovered alive and well at LaCreek National Wildlife
Refuge in December. Where he has been for the past 17 months since release
and how he managed to find his way back to LaCreek is a mystery.
Brad