MoBirders
Tom and I birded the 79 corridor today. Windy, with cloudbursts of rain and dropping temps. 66 to start, 41 at the end.
South of Annada, along the highway (just south of the bridge that was replaced recently), we found a flock of several thousand blackbirds. First seen on the river side, the flock crossed over the road to a field at the base of the hill.
In the flock we found 1 (possibly 2) Yellow-headed Blackbird.

At Clarence Cannon we had a single American Golden Plover.  2 Dunlin and 1 Killdeer were the other shorebirds seen.
We had 7 TRUS at Bittern Basin and 12 TRUS at BK Leach (Kings Track, just as you cross the "M" bridge over the slough.

Thousands of Pintail at Cannon (outnumbered 2:1 by Mallards with everything else in small numbers). Northern Shovelers and Mallards dominated BK Leach.
Sparrows were scarce, as expected in the high winds.
Dave
Stl. Louis