This is what I pieced together from yesterday.
http://www.photosbyat.com/Birds/2017-Birding/Birding-2017-November/2017-11-20-Riverlands-Migratory-Bird-Sanctuary/

I do not see any orange that I saw through scope in any scoter photo, must of been a foot raised scratching face as it was bright orange.  Sure looked like the bill at the time.
Al Smith
Bridgeton, Mo
St. Louis County