In point of fact the point I’m making is nothing new. It was raised as earlier as that. It was made by Grover Smith too (TS Eliot’s Poetry and Plays: A Study in Sources and Meaning). Eliot, he wrote, was admittedly a classicist only ‘in tendency.’ Temperamentally a romantic, he abhorred the gap between the actual and the ideal. All the same Eliot paved the way for a new idiom of poetry.

CR