While I wholly subscribe to the thesis here, I for one, in my reading of Eliot’s work, early or late, haven’t  found ‘doubt’ as an aspect of Eliot’s faith in the Biblical lore. Notwithstanding Eliot’s own profession of ‘doubt’ as an essential aspect of faith. I may quote from his work, as I have always done at this list, to illustrate my point. Wish anyone could quote from Eliot’s work to prove me wrong. Well, if a ‘fallen’ soul succumbs to temptations of desire, or is caught between a struggle between the physical and the spiritual, is another matter. It does not tentamount to a denial or rejection of faith.

Regards,
CR