*Playing Possum*

Kevin Davey
Aaaargh! Press, 185pp, £9.99

A review

*Playing Possum: a modernist caper infused with the spirit of TS Eliot*

Leo Robson

New Statesman

“As the title indicates, we have always known Eliot had his playful side –
that he could invent a Macavity and Prufrock, inspire a Lloyd Webber no
less than a Lowell. Davey enlarges our sense of Eliot by revealing these
appetites not as amusingly paradoxical but continuous and coherent, the
possessions of a single man, and by promoting his vision of Eliot not by an
act of critical revisionism, another article, but in the form of a
loose-limbed, farraginous postmodern caper that has been written in
accordance with his spirit.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newstatesman.com/culture/books/2017/11/playing-possum-modernist-caper-infused-spirit-ts-eliot%3Famp

CR