When through Riverlands today.  Not many waterfowl, a fair number of White-fronted Geese and Mallards, Canada Geese, Gadwall, a few Ruddy Ducks, and a Pintail.  At least one Pied-billed Grebe, still lots of Pelicans and Cormorants.  There were a few Franklin's Gulls among the Bonaparte's and Ring-billed Gulls.  A Dunlin and three Least Sandpipers were still present on a small mud island in Ellis Bay.  We had a Vesper Sparrow along Orton Road.  There was a Cooper's Hawk, two Northern Harriers, and a pair of Peregrines were on a lamp post on the Clark Bridge as we drove over.  There was report of two Trumpeter Swans yesterday at Heron Pond, but we did not see them.  Overall bird numbers were still low.

David Becher

Saint Louis