I encountered a flock of at least 30 Red Crossbills at Rocky Fork Lakes this afternoon. When I first saw them, they were in a tree by the machine shed but then they flew off. After about 20 minutes, they came back and landed in a pine tree to feed.  I took some pictures that I will post later

If you go looking for them, go south from the parking lot south of Rocky Fork Lake, take the path past the machine shed then take a left at the small lake. After you pass the lake, there is a small field on the left and they were in the pines by the field to the left of the path. Of course, they may move around a lot as there are a lot of pine trees in the area but that is where I saw them today.

Cheers,
Greg Leonard
Columbia, Boone County
ASM Spring Meeting: May 4-6, 2018 at Arrow Rock