This morning I spent some time reading some webpages where stories about Eliot by Robert Giroux were told. The first is an excerpt from the Paris Review at https://www.theparisreview.org/interviews/652/robert-giroux-the-art-of-publishing-no-3-robert-giroux The second, and better page, is at https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/entertainment/books/1988/12/18/remembering-ts-eliot-poet-editor-and-friend/e5070af7-068d-4bb6-ae1e-459eed1ba059/

If you read the Washington Post page without reading the Paris Review page know that the "speckled trout" poet was Allen Tate.

Regards,
   Rick Parker

Excerpt from the Washington Post:
I remember Tom and Valerie's arrival at the pier in Nassau: they came down the gangplank holding hands and beaming. Later as we all sat on the Emerald Beach, there emerged from the ocean a stunning woman in bathing-suit and bathing cap who walked up to Tom. "Mr. Eliot," she said, "I can't pass up this opportunity to tell you how much pleasure your poems have given me." Eliot thanked her, and as she walked away, he said, "I wonder who that was?" That, we told him, was ...