I went over and wandered around the Zell tract on the west side of Pershing State Park this morning. Best find was 9 White-faced Ibis feeding in the shrinking pool just south of hwy 36 on the east side of the road going into the area and up to the old homestead. There was also a dozen Great Egrets and several GB Herons there plus a female Hooded Merganser, small flock of Blue-winged Teal, and Pectoral Sandpipers and some Yellowlegs. Three Savannah Sparrows were along the edge of the marsh there. Saw many more SASP  on my walk to the south end of the tract. Couple of Swamp and Song Sparrows too. Had probably a dozen Marsh Wrens along the way also. Detected several Indigo Buntings and Common Yellowthroats, and couple of Gray Catbirds, as well as an Orange-crowned Warbler and a Ruby-crowned Kinglet. Red-shouldered Hawks screeching and adult Bald Eagle flying over.

Went by Che-Ru lake, east side of Fountain Grove CA on the way home - DC Cormorants, White Pelicans, 1 Bonaparte's, 4 Franklin's, and 3 Ring-billed Gulls.

Nice morning out!

Steve Kinder