Left my office in Winona (Shannon Co) heading down hwy 19 south.......those of you who know where Greer Spring on the Eleven Point River is, know the path...... a couple of miles south of greer  (oregon co) near the Cane Bluff turnoff on hwy 19 are several large fields.....there were at least 300-400 common nighthawks feeding. It was incredible to see.....they were swooping over the fields on both sides of the highway. Cars were slowing down to look, wondering what they were seeing. I pulled over and got out to watch. They were staying in the same location just feeding.  Watched for about 15 minutes. Once i left that half mile stretch, i did not see another one. Wonderful end to a busy work day.

   -
Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul alike. John Muir
Cindy Bridges Couch Mo Oregon County [log in to unmask]