I echo Chris' comments. Major kudos go to the planners and hard-working officers of ASM for a solid experience.  We had 114 species--many truly "ferreted out" as Chris states.  It's hard to beat the positive perks of birding with a full range of experiences among birders and meeting and getting to know birders from around the state. It was especially pleasant to see so many first-time attendees.  Hope to see all return for the spring meeting at Arrow Rock!

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Barrigar" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, September 25, 2017 11:21:16 AM
Subject: No Sighting: Fall ASM Mtg.

A big "THANK YOU" to all the volunteers as well as elected officers who work so hard behind the scenes that plan to make our ASM organizational meetings come to pass, taking care of the tedious up to the monumental tasks that ensure successful events such as this past weekend at Lake of the Ozarks State Park!

In spite of this weekend's heat and humidity, many of us were able to ferret out some good birds! We had to work for many of them. I believe that extra effort makes the sightings, camaraderie and occasions more memorable, bonding us not only tighter with each other but also to our feathered friends with which we seek a more soulful relationship.

As always, it was great seeing, visiting and birding with old friends while in the process of making new friends.

Until next time, Good Birding!

Chris Barrigar

Cole Co.
Russellville, MO

https://www.flickr.com/photos/cbarrigar

"I only went out for a walk, and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in."   JOHN MUIR

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/