When I turned on my computer this evening, what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a nationally published story on AOL about swooping owls in Missouri.  It appears some owls or an owl in the Brookside neighborhood (of Kansas City ?) have been swooping down at walkers nearby and some folks may be a bit unnerved.  I would probably walk around that tree too.  From the video, one of the suspects appears to be a barred owl.  Signs about the "swooping" have also been posted.  So now a Missouri owl has made national news.  Walk at your own risk.

Jane Frazier
Jeff City

ASM Fall Meeting: September 22-24, 2017 at Lake of the Ozarks Details and Online Registration