Thanks Laura for your insight into the need for a national bird guide in
the language of the country, in this case Honduras and Spanish. I agree
with you 100% and know from experience that birding is hard when there is
no bird guide for a place that you are visiting.

I can see that your quote from Robert was from a time when he didn't
distinguish between two Missouri agencies...The MO Dept of Nat. Res.
(MODNR) and the MO Dept. of Conservation (MDC). It was the latter that has
been working with Robert, although he hadn't figured out the difference at
the time. MDC and MO Conservation Heritage Foundation (MCHF) develop
partnerships with many NGOs in Central America, Mexico and South America.
MDC and the MCHF are still actively receiving, evaluating and selecting
projects to support.  There is often a match for funds donated to the MCHF
for projects like the Spanish Translation of the Guide to the Birds of
Honduras by Robert Gallardo. Cynthia or Jan at MCHF will be able to let you
know more about the book translation project and match. Many of MIssouri
NAS Audubon Chapters and the Audubon Society of Missouri are regular
partners on conservation projects for Missouri's breeding birds when they
are on their wintering grounds outside the USA.

http://mochf.org/project/missouri-tropical-bird-account/   This article on
MCHF's website has a paragraph on the Guide to the Birds of Honduras.

Brad Jacobs