To St. Louis area birders (and others who may want to join us):

WHAT:     St. Louis Audubon Society field trip, half day.

WHEN:     Saturday, September 2 (4 days from now)

WHERE:   Meet at Teal Pond, Riverlands Migratory Bird Sanctuary. From I-270 in north St. Louis County, take exit 31B north and follow highway 367 toward Alton. Cross the Missouri River, go past the turn for MO-94, and continue until the bridge to Alton is in sight. Take the last available right turn before the bridge, where you see the gas station; then go past the station and turn right again on Wise Road. The Teal Pond parking lot is ahead of you on your right.

MEETING TIME:   7:30 a.m.  We will check Teal Pond first but will take off for other parts of the area before long.

TENTATIVE PLAN: We will probably spend at least half the morning, perhaps all of it, at Riverlands, depending on habitat conditions there. Other possible destinations might be Columbia Bottom CA, or Horseshoe Lake SP (IL). The trip will end between noon and 1 PM.

WHO:  Everyone is welcome, whether a member of St. Louis Audubon Society or not.  Out-of-towners are invited!

CONDITIONS:  Please dress appropriately for whatever weather is predicted.  At this moment, weather.com is predicting temperatures around 65-80 and partly cloudy with a low chance of rain -- but of course that can change.

LEADERS:  Myself and probably some other members of the leader group.

Bill Rowe
St. Louis

ASM Fall Meeting: September 22-24, 2017 at Lake of the Ozarks Details and Online Registration