To St. Louis area birders (and others who may want to join us):

WHAT:     St. Louis Audubon Society field trip, half day.

WHEN:     Saturday, September 2 (4 days from now)

WHERE:   Meet at Teal Pond, Riverlands Migratory Bird Sanctuary. From I-270
in north St. Louis County, take exit 31B north and follow highway 367
toward Alton. Cross the Missouri River, go past the turn for MO-94, and
continue until the bridge to Alton is in sight. Take the last available
right turn before the bridge, where you see the gas station; then go past
the station and turn right again on Wise Road. The Teal Pond parking lot is
ahead of you on your right.

MEETING TIME:   7:30 a.m.  We will check Teal Pond first but will take off
for other parts of the area before long.

TENTATIVE PLAN: We will probably spend at least half the morning, perhaps
all of it, at Riverlands, depending on habitat conditions there. Other
possible destinations might be Columbia Bottom CA, or Horseshoe Lake SP
(IL). The trip will end between noon and 1 PM.

WHO:  Everyone is welcome, whether a member of St. Louis Audubon Society or
not.  Out-of-towners are invited!

CONDITIONS:  Please dress appropriately for whatever weather is predicted.
At this moment, weather.com is predicting temperatures around 65-80 and
partly cloudy with a low chance of rain -- but of course that can change.

LEADERS:  Myself and probably some other members of the leader group.

Bill Rowe
St. Louis

ASM Fall Meeting: September 22-24 at Lake of the Ozarks