I went out to look for the STKI this morning and parked at the lot south of
the Duck Creek headquarters on MO 51, at the old fish ponds.  Didn't see
the kite, but after a while Brad Jacobs showed up and told me he'd seen it
early in the morning and that it had disappeared to the south in the
trees.  He left, and I was about to sit down to wait for it to return when
he called my cell to tell me it was just down 51.  I drove about 1/4 mile
south on 51 and found Brad by the side of the road, and the STKI circling
overhead.  He went on, and I stayed for at least half an hour watching it,
eventually joined by Mark Haas.  This bird has apparently been in this
location for over a week now.  It was circling back and forth over 51,
often passing right overhead about 30 to 50 feet high, part of the time in
the company of Mississippi Kites.

Photos on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/search/?sort=date-taken-desc&safe_search=1&tags=swallowtailedkitestoddardcounty&user_id=93525584%40N00&view_all=1

-Allen Gathman