From: "Dianne & Steve Kinder" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, August 7, 2017 10:15:01 PM
Subject: Harrison Co. Praires

I drove on up to NW Harrison Co. today while Dianne was working in Bethany. Spent a short time at Pawnee Praire CA , south of Hatfield. Good time to visit this area and observe the great display of wildflowers blooming!
Sedge Wrens singing all around here as well as many other places in North Mo. Several Henslow's Sparrows still singing at Pawnee, as well as Song and Field Sparrows. Couple of Catbirds also. I always find it interesting how many Cicadas are out in the Praires too! Found quite a few Ticks too when I waded through the vegetation. Better to use Bug Spray and stay on the mowed field roads. A Northern Harrier flew in just before I left.  I only had time to drive through the Dunn Ranch area, but did stop to observe a bunch of the Bison that were close to the road. Counted fifteen Calves among them. Then watched as some of the adults took turns taking a dust bathe in a dry wallow!

Later,Steve [log in to unmask]

mailto:[log in to unmask]