Pat and MOBirders,

I've been thinking about the many memories I have of Paul Bauer, who was always a kind and patient teacher.  Back in July of 2008, Paul brought Fran by to visit and see our bubbler.  He also had a little experiment to show me, he said.  When they arrived, he pulled out a small set of speakers and a ceramic screech owl and placed them near the bubbler.  We went up on the deck and Paul then played the screech owl's call. Boy, did that bring in the mobsters!  Fun memory but I admit, it took me a while to fully forgive him for freaking out ‘my birds’.  His experiment and I daresay, his life, was a great success. We'll miss you, Paul.

Margy Terpstra
Kirkwood, St. Louis CO, MO
hummerhavenunltd.com