The September 2017 Bluebird is now available online at the ASM website; you
can find it, and all other issues, at https://mobirds.org/ASM/Bluebird.aspx.

This is the first issue I've put together in my new role as Bluebird
editor.  It was a bit daunting the first time through, but I had lots of
help.  I particularly want to thank outgoing editor (and now VP) Bill
Eddleman for all his assistance in making the transition, meeting with me,
providing digital materials, and answering questions promptly and with
great patience.

I'd also like to thank all the contributors for their input, and encourage
all ASM member to consider writing for the Bluebird.  In addition to
birder's guides to public lands, we can use articles about your experiences
birding or about particular bird species.  Photos are especially welcome.
We will also publish original research, and such articles can be
peer-reviewed.

If you have questions about submitting materials for publication in the
Bluebird, please contact me at [log in to unmask]

Thanks again!

-Allen Gathman, Bluebird editor
Pocahontas (Cape Girardeau County)

ASM Fall Meeting: September 22-24 at Lake of the Ozarks