Good obs., Mary
Thanks for posting.  MIKI have been down here in Joplin
for some almost 20 years.  They continue to expand their
range, per my Oklahoma bird friend.  He has studied them for
20 years.  He came by and we found a couple of nests several
years ago here in Joplin.  Since then they have nested across
the street two years ago, and must be nesting in our neighbors
back yard this summer !

When I was a little boy MIKI were found only in the extreme
southeast and southern Texas.  My first MIKI was at Pensacola,
Florida, fall, 1963, when I was in the Marine Corps !
Yes that was the JFK fall.
Larry, in Joplin
Lawrence Herbert   [log in to unmask]                7-4-17.