The Clark Wednesday car out of Columbia, with an eye to threatening skies, headed west and north today.  We missed the rain until the last area.

A highlight was a Mississippi Kite seen catching and eating a dragonfly in mid-flight at Arrow Rock SHS.  Birds were out and active after the earlier rain.  We found more birds at Lewis Mill Access than we'd ever seen there.  Boone's Lick SHS was also "birdy" with the most insistent, tail-spreading male Eastern Towhee we've ever seen.

Rain caught us at Franklin Island CA, but not before a Mississippi Kite flew over the road in front of us.

A good day to be out, despite the morning clouds looking so daunting.

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO

ASM Fall Meeting: September 22-24 at Lake of the Ozarks