I’ll try the Neem spray, but I have to disagree as to the effectiveness of the pheromone traps.  Three years ago, I knocked them off by hand as described below.  It’s like a part-time job with no end in sight.  The past two years, I hung the pheromone traps up just upwind of the main garden area, about 15 feet from the garden, about five feet off the ground.  I collected large numbers of Japanese beetles in the traps, and they virtually disappeared from the yard.  Just don’t hang the traps in the garden!

Sad to say, I’ve never seen any bird eat them.

Ida Domazlicky
Cape Girardeau County

From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Al & Lois
Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2017 11:25 AM
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Subject: Fwd: Re: question - not a sighting

This has good info.

http://www.columbiatribune.com/a5bfcbab-43b1-5583-96ce-c71f9fcdb533.html
Experts say to avoid the use of pheromone beetle traps, as they will attract more of the maniacal munchers to your yard. You can easily reduce their numbers by shaking the feasting beetles into a pan of soapy water. Insecticidal soap applied directly to the little vermin will kill them. Additionally, the safe pesticide Neem can be effective in reducing their numbers.

Al Smith
Bridgeton, MO