Today I went to B.K.Leach with a friend from California, formerly from Missouri, to look for the Common Gallinules and Black-bellied Whistling Ducks that he wanted to add to his Missouri list.

After driving to the southernmost part of B.K.Leach to the pond where both were seen on June 3, we started down the path in front of the circular parking lot and found the Gallinules with a minute as both of them were out in the water in the open.  This was around 10:20 am.  We then proceeded to search the entire area for over an hour but failed to find the Whistling Ducks.   As we left around 11:35 am we noted that the Gallinules had disappeared and were hiding someplace.  Lots of Orioles and Red-headed Woodpeckers around.

John

John Solodar

"The older I get the better I was."

ASM Fall Meeting: September 22-24, 2017 at Lake of the Ozarks Details and Online Registration