From: Missouri Wild Bird Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Edge Wade
Sent: Sunday, May 28, 2017 6:34 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Ant Guard warning

I just had a call from Ruth Smith asking me to alert Mobirders to a potential hazard for hummingbirds.  She purchased an Ant Guard by Perky Pet and did not read the label until she got home.

The product kills ants with a poison, not with the usual water in a cup/container method.  This may pose a danger to hummingbirds if they eat an insect that has been in or ingested the poison, of if they get into the poison themselves.

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO

The Audubon Society of Missouri's Wild Bird Discussion Forum ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/ ABA Birding Code of Ethics http://www.aba.org/about/ethics.html

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/