Monroe county has lots of shorebird habitat so shorebirds are scattered, and low in numbers. Mainly small flocks of Peeps and Pecs (including 1 Western Sandpiper on Mitchie road). Also had 1 Americn Golden Plover, 1 yellowlegs and some Black Terns.

Here is a question I have wondered about for a while. Do shorebirds migrate at night like passerines? It seems to me when I look for shorebirds the middle of the day is slow and then birds start to appear late in the day which would lead me to believe they migrate during the day then drop in late in the day to feed and roost for the night. Anyone know for sure?

Dave Haenni
Des Peres , MO

ASM Spring Meeting: September 22-24, 2017 at Lake of the Ozarks Details and Online Registration