Years ago, I had a tray feeder that attached to a second-floor windowsill. One day I watched a jay plummet from the sky like a falcon and knock a House Sparrow from the tray to the ground below, where the prey was dispatched and eaten. Those big blue guys are survivors, making the most of every opportunity.

Lanny Chambers
Fenton, MO

> On May 21, 2017, at 20:40, John and Linda Frederick <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> While working in our yard today, I saw a Blue Jay capture, kill, and eat a ring-necked snake.

ASM Fall Meeting: September 22-24 at Lake of the Ozarks