Steve Paes and I went out to Sand Pond CA  in Ripley Co this morning to locate the Painted Bunting that was reported there. We found it in the expected habitat along the county road. The property is owned by TNC and is called Sand Ponds Preserve. (this boarders the Sand Pond CA) We had no trouble hearing the male singing and he gave wonderful views. Complete list and pictures can be seen on ebird.

   -
Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul alike. John Muir
Cindy Bridges Couch Mo Oregon County [log in to unmask]

ASM Fall Meeting: September 22-24 at Lake of the Ozarks