Ha Ha Tonka - Acorn Trail
Departure Point - AC commuter parking lot. Lenore St. And New Haven Rd. Columbia MO
Leader - Allison Vaughn
Contact Info - [log in to unmask]

We'll carpool from the AC commuter parking at 7:30 A.M. We will take Acorn Trail a 1.5 mile trail in the heart of the Oak Wooland Natural Area. The woodlands have been the focus of significent research into the effects of prescribed fire for breeding birds. We will pass several glades which should have thousands of coneflowers in bloom, lots of Field Sparrows and Prairie Warblers. The area has seen regular burnings since 1983.

Eric Wood
Columbia Mo

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

ASM Spring Meeting: September 22-24, 2017 at Lake of the Ozarks Details and Online Registration