Good Morning! It was a beautiful morning in Tower Grove on Saturday where
28 folks came out for a leisurely walk. We started on the path at Gaddy
Bird Garden. There were 5 photographers with large photography setup
already at the bubbler. In fact, photographers were all over the park!
Wind picked up as we walked throughout the morning. We found most of the
more interesting birds outside of the garden. The Baltimore Orioles and the
Blue-headed vireo were highlights. About half of the group car pooled to
Cypress Circle where Great Crested Flycatchers were very upset and we found
out why a little later....a Great Horned Owl was perched high in one of the
big cypress trees.
Anyone on the walk that would like an eBird share, please send me an email
request.
Mary Dueren

Here is a summary:

US-Missouri-St. Louis-Northwest Drive - 38.609x-90.267, St. Louis City,
Missouri, US
May 6, 2017 7:30 AM - 11:00 AM
Protocol: Traveling
1.5 mile(s)
Comments:     Temp at start 59 degrees. Wind increased during walk to
15-20mph. Temp at end was 68 degrees under partly cloudy skies
Group covered Gaddy Bird Garden, Cypress Circle, Jack's Pond and creek area
35 species

Canada Goose  2
Mallard  1
Turkey Vulture  1