I stopped by Swan Lake NWR on April 20 in the evening and on the way to NW
Missouri and stopped in again on my return trip by Swan Lake on the 21st in
the evening. 17 species of shorebirds were present. The lline of shorebirds
group was very different on the second visit, and an eagle had just buzzed
the area, so there might have been more that just took off when I arrived.

16 American Avocets
  1 Black-bellied Plover
  1 Sanderling
  1 White-rumped Sandpiper - 2 days before earliest record - I will document
  1 Stilt Sandpiper

Also, upland sandpipers seen flying and on power pole along E highway south
of Highway 139 and E intersection, Linn County, near Swan Lake NWR.

Brad Jacobs