I feel the need to publicly thank MDC and the regional/local staff at Eagle Bluffs Conservation Area for the spectacular migration season we birders are enjoying (although it is wreaking havoc with all other activities in my life!).     I have been birding since the late 90’s and I don’t think I have ever seen EBCA so inviting for shorebirds.  Part of that is Mother Nature not dumping buckets of rain on us at the wrong time,  but most of it is the strategic planning,  hard work to accommodate seasonal changes, and just a real desire on the part of MDC to accommodate all the competing needs an area like this has.

You are tops in my book – we birders (and the birds) appreciate you!

Jean  Leonatti

Columbia, MO

Boone County