Here is my checklist for this morning birding along the KATY Trail. The birds and the mosquitoes were all doing well. The recent flood waters of Perche Creek are now still and breeding, producing bird food for all the resident and migrant.birds.

FOY for me were: Swainson's Thrush, Summer Tanager, Blue-headed Vireo (heard only) and Baltimore Oriole.

Also,I had a surprising worm-eating warbler singing next to the Trail, and lots of the resident yellow-throated warblers, northern parulas, black-and white, Louisiana waterthrush, prothonotary, and a few migrants: orange-crowned and yellow-rumps. .

http://ebird.org/ebird/mo/view/checklist/S36091983

Brad Jacobs