Stopped by Swan Lake NWR Monday evening and had a few good birds. The best spot that I found is reached by driving by HQ and take teal road till it dead ends in water over road. the area had some good water with 32 Hudsonia Godwits, 2 Marbled Godwits, 3 Avocets, abunch of Dowitchers, Bonopartes and a few Franklin Gulls. Also lots of Yellowlegs, some American golden Plovers and one Stilt Sandpiper.

Stopped by Eagle Bluffs this morning, lots of good Habitat at and near Pool 5. I did not find any of the recently reported goodies but did finally get to meet Edge Wade and had a nice chat. Others (not I ) had 2 Hudsonian Godwits there today.

Dave Haenni
Des Peres , MO