I went over to the main part of Pershing yesterday morning. Found Ruby-crowned Kinglets singing and all around. I also saw Golden-crowned Kinglets, Brown Creeper, Hermit Thrush X 3, and couple FOS Blue-gray Gnatcatchers. Best was watching a Winter Wren singing. Had couple close Pileated Woodpecker flybys. Red-headed and other Woodpeckers around too. Several Wood Ducks in wooded pools. Couple of very agitated and vocal Red-shouldered Hawks. Plenty of Chipping Sparrows around, plus Field, Song, Swamp, White-throated, and several flocks of Juncos.

This morning I went back over to the Zell Tract on the west side of the park. FOS Barn Swallows were back at the big red barn - [sounds like a childrens book]  Great Blue Herons and couple of Great Egrets around. Kicked up a dozen Wilson's Snipe while walking through a wet area, then two Short-eared Owls at another place. Lots of water left from flooding earlier this week. Some Coots and variety of Dabbling Ducks scattered around. Did not find the American Bittern that had been around since last December. It may have moved on or just relocated due to the high water. There was debri  up to five feet high in some of the vegetation I was walking/wading through. An immature Bald Eagle was patrolling the sky.
Later,Steve KinderChillicothe, Livingston [log in to unmask]

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/