I heard a White-eyed Vireo yesterday morning (4/12) near the train tracks across the river from Castlewood.  I couldn’t get a picture but did record the audio vocalization.  I also saw four Purple Finch, 2 males and 2 females, and heard previously reported Warbling Vireos.   Many Yellow-throated Warblers and Northern Paroles were vocalizing.  Found a Red-tailed Hawk sitting on a nest along the I-44 north outer road on the way to the World Bird Sanctuary.

Pat Lueders, Webster Groves, MO